Good design never goes out of style. So keep history in mind as you shop for your next piece of furniture or decorative accent. A room can have so much personality thanks to vintage and antique furniture, which also adds depth and a story that are impossible to find in a matching bedroom set. In this article, we will answer the question where to source vintage furniture and uncover the top 15 places to buy vintage style furniture.
Where to Source Vintage Furniture Online?
First and foremost, after uncovering the place for sourcing furniture, then, let’s have a look at some places where we can purchase vintage and antique furniture online.
Online Independent Shops
- Punch the Clock: For a moderate price, they specialize in mid-century modern design.
- Ceraudo: This vast, eclectic online shop has something for almost every taste and price range, with beautifully restored vintage, finds coexisting with modern home goods.
- TradChap: Jack Laver Brister, who has a base in Frome, Somerset, has a keen eye for elegant antiques. If there is anything you’re interested in, send him a message on Instagram.
- Silence: Selency is a French company that allows you to enjoy all the luxuries of a brocante in the comfort of your living room.
- Facebook Marketplace: People frequently list their antiques there for a quick sale, so there are some hidden gems to be found there. It’s not as comprehensive as eBay and depends more on luck of the draw, but if you put in the effort, it can produce some excellent finds.
- @walliscottage: There is plenty of interior inspiration to be found on this account, which is full of stylish on-trend items like rattan lampshades, the ubiquitous bobbins, and candle sconces.
- @reptonandco: All the items offered for sale on this Instagram account have a lovely patina and are frequently quite unusual and one-of-a-kind. You should follow it if you want to find intriguing items that you can’t put down.
- @paffronandscott: Paffron & Scott is a store in north Norfolk, but like many others, it has turned to Instagram to grow its clientele and make sales during the lockdowns of the previous year.
London Antique and Vintage Shops
- Anthony Outred: a location on Pimlico Road where you can find exceptional artwork and antiques.
- Tarquin Bilgen: a renowned antique dealer off Pimlico Road, if you’re looking for furniture that is a work of art in and of itself.
- 8 Holland Street: This brand-new addition to the neighbourhood of antique stores near Kensington Church Street is the place where all things vibrant and distinctive are found.
>> Read details: Where Does McGee And Co Source Their Furniture?
Top 15 Best Places To Source Vintage Furniture.
1. Claude Home
As we have mentioned in the last several posts, Claude Home is always a place for vintage lovers. This online gallery, which Maggie Holladay established in 2018, sells collectible modern art and vintage items. Claude Home has an exquisite collection of curved sofas, marble tables, and wooden seating. Lighting, mirrors, sculptures, decor, tabletop accessories, vases, and even some bedding are other delightful categories you can browse.
A go-to store for unique, handcrafted gifts is also a gold mine for old and vintage items. You can browse by room in the website’s vintage section by choosing the furniture category. Options include living room furniture, dining room furniture, bedroom furniture, and office furniture.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that everyone’s favorite auction site is a great place to find vintage furniture, especially if you’re looking for a specific item. Browse the website to see what’s available, then start bidding using keywords like “vintage,” “antique,” or even “decade.”
4. One Kings Lane
One Kings Lane has a large selection of modern, luxurious furniture and accessories, as well as a vintage section on their website where you can find a variety of sought-after items. You can conduct a search using your preferred styles, such as French Parlor, Cape Cod Cottage, English Library, and more.
5. Jayson Home
In addition to selling antiques and vintage furniture, Jayson Home also sells furniture and accents. This collection is available in the Flea section of the website. View the recently delivered items or browse by category (tables, seating, case goods, rugs, etc.) A fun “Curiosities” category is available, brimming with interesting things.
Rejuvenation sells vintage and antique pieces of furniture in every historical style and also restores them. You can choose from a variety of styles to focus your search on when looking for seating, tables, and case goods, or if you’d prefer, you can browse by room.
There are more than 850,000 results available to browse through in the vintage and used furniture section of Chairish. You can focus your search by price, style (such as Hollywood Regency, Art Deco, and more), and even by items that can be picked up locally close to you.
Given the size of its inventory, 1stdibs’s 45,000-square-foot gallery in New York City can only display a tiny fraction of what they have to offer. The furniture category alone contains more than 777,000 listings, for real. To find exactly what you want, shop by era, style, substance, and even country of origin.
9. Old Plank
This Chicago store carries some of the best old cabinets and commodes. Along with a custom furniture collection with hundreds of options, you’ll find antiques and vintage items. Check out the store’s holiday gift guides or shop new discoveries.
10. Modern Antiquarian
With a sizable selection of products available for browsing Schwartz’s own store supports online purchasing. There, you can find everything from silver champagne buckets from the eighteenth century to carved chests of drawers and crystal chandeliers.
11. Everything But The House
Everything But The House essentially offers everything that estate sales are known for (unique items, fantastic deals), but online. It is a marketplace for estate sale auctions where you can place bids on items in almost every style from every era. If there are certain brands you are sure you will love, you can even shop by manufacturer.
12. Mid Century Mobler
One of the top midcentury furniture dealers in the U.S. is Mid Century Mobler, so check them out if you’re all about that midcentury modern lifestyle. All of the 1950s and 1960s furniture you could ever want can be found there; it has been carefully chosen and imported from shopping trips to Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Scotland, France, and Italy.
If you want vintage clothing that matches your exact aesthetic, check out Pamono. They have a substantial “Custom Vintage” section that was made possible by a collaboration with the textile manufacturer Kvadrat. Pick your favorite vintage seating from a variety of options, then have it reupholstered in your preferred material.
14. Urban Outfitters
In fact, Urban Outfitters sells a few vintage treasures. Everything is given new life by the retailer, including couches, chairs, rugs, and home décor. Although it’s a small selection, it’s powerful nonetheless.
The Saarinen table is not being verified by anyone on the other end, which is a drawback, but if you are comfortable making that determination, do not pass up the opportunity to purchase it on Craigslist. There is a lot of thrifting to be done! Particularly if you reside outside of a large city, some of the best finds can be found in locations where there aren’t a tonne of antique dealers scouring the area.